Applications for the 2021 Fernon Feenstra Scholarship are now closed as of June 1, 2021.
Education plays a major role in forging a successful future, and the members of the Livonia Kiwanis are very passionate about helping children achieve their educational dreams.
The Fernon Feenstra Scholarship Program
The Fernon Feenstra Scholarship Program, funded by the Livonia Kiwanis, provides several scholarships each year to high school students in demonstrating a desire to better themselves through education and a passion to help others through community service.
Fernon Feenstra was one of the Founding Members of the Livonia Kiwanis Club in 1981. Described by Livonia's Mayor as "Mr. Sunshine", Fernon's positive attitude and philanthropic outlook will always be remembered. It is our honor to name this scholarship program after him and our hope that the award recipients will also enrich the lives of others in their communities for decades to come.
All Students Applying for the Fernon Feenstra Scholarship Program Must Meet the Following Criteria:
- High school senior graduating in spring 2021
- Must meet at least one of the following residency requirements:
- Student is enrolled in a Livonia or Clarenceville area high school (including students whose primary residence is outside of Livonia or Clarenceville)
- Student has a primary residence in Livonia (including students who are home-schooled or attend public/private schools outside of Livonia)
- Enrolled full-time to begin at an institution (university, community college, vocational training center, or other qualifying educational institution) for fall 2021
- Application form, essay, and recommendations submitted electronically by June 1, 2021
- Criteria for letters of recommendation can be found below on the application link
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is recommended, but not required
Click to set custom HTML